Please contact our support team to help you in your search. When you contact support make sure to provide them with your e-mail address of your Chipolo account. Then they can help you right away! If you prefer to try for yourself first please follow the steps below (Just curious, Need to find and Desperate to find).
For you to understand the application: It is most important to know when the Chipolo has been last connected. If this is recent (<24 hr) and you are sure you haven't seen your Chipolo connected to your valuables after the time stamp of the last known location please follow these steps:
- Open the Chipolo app on the phone;
- Go to the detail view of the Chipolo that you have lost;
- Under the map circle you see a time and location where your Chipolo was last seen;
- Go physically to the last known location;
- Walk around with the App opened and see if it reconnects. After every 5 steps just give the app 10-15 seconds to establish the Bluetooth connection;
- Once found the bell logo will appear in the screen and you are able to ring it.
* If you can't find it please contact support to check the battery status and other steps to take.
Please note that once the battery has reported as low this has been shown on the detail view screen in your Chipolo application screen. Always replace the battery immediately to make sure your valuable doesn't get lost. The chance to re-establish Bluetooth connection with a low battery Chipolo is low.
Depending on the urgency of your loss we have written some scenarios for what you could do yourself.
Need to Find:
- See if In-range:
- If in-range (connected):
- Now you can find it based on sound (note there is a slight time delay).
- If not-connected:
- Look at the map in your Chipolo application and note date/time & location
- If date/time of separation from Chipolo seems wrong to you, please go to 'Desperate to find' (final step).
- If date/time is reasonable, then:
- Go to the location shown on the map
- If reconnected, follow 'in range' instructions above.
- At location, but it will not reconnect
- Follow the first reset Bluetooth step in this guide.
- If still nothing, move to the next step: 'Desperate to find'
Desperate to find:
(Already tried 'Need to find')
- Share your Chipolo with a friend and also make sure their Bluetooth is on: They will need to download the app and create an account (all free and they don’t need to buy a Chipolo).
- This helps make sure there is no miss-configuration on your phone
- You can share with multiple people.
- Follow this guide to share a Chipolo with family or friends.
- Once shared go with a friend to the last known location to see if his/her phone picks the Bluetooth signal up.
- Double check the reasonableness of the last location. Note the time & date.
- If your Bluetooth is turned off or the operating system suspends the connection (as part of its battery optimization) or if the battery was reporting low battery alarms, then high risk that the last location is not correct.
- If the Chipolo is confirmed not at the last location, it is time to activate the Chipolo Community Search. You do this by pressing 'Notify when found' above the map in the detail view screen of your Chipolo.
- In addition, you can share your Chipolo (as described above) with people who might be around where you lost it (friends or business contacts if you were traveling, family if you lost it locally) [Remember, someone with the Chipolo Apps must get relatively close to a Bluetooth device for it to register—sharing with the right people dramatically increases those low odds and you also get the advantage that you know who found it (crowd is anonymous reports when registered—they can’t be told to pick it up).