Named locations are used to make sure your Chipolo can easily be found back. You can name locations that you visit often, so when you lose your valuable with a Chipolo attached it will be marked. E.g. 'lost at work' or 'lost at home'. Named Locations are most used at work or at home.
Please follow these steps to set up a Named location. Please note that named locations are not bound to Chipolos but count for all connected Chipolos.
Android - Setup a Named Location (iOS instructions are below):
- Go to the Chipolo application;
- Tap 'Menu' (3 little lines);
- Tap 'Named Locations';
- Tap 'Add a named location' (You must be connected to Wi-Fi in order to use Named Locations on Android);
- Name the location as you desire;
- Bound to WiFi SSID (If connected to WiFi then it counts as quiet zone).
*Please note that named locations with Android are automatically quiet zones! A quiet zone is a zone in which your in-range and out of range notifications will not be triggered.
iOS - Setup a Named Location
1. Go to the Chipolo application.
2. Tap 'Settings' (gear icon)
2. Tap 'Named Locations'.
3. Tap 'Add a named location'.
4. Name the location as you desire.
5. You can zoom in and out on the map to increase/decrease the coverage of your named location;
6.Press 'add' to create your named location.
7. You have now added a named location. Named locations are not automatically quiet zones in our Chipolo iOS application. Quiet zones are zones in which in-range or out of range notifications are muted. Please note that this option to set your named location only is visible when you have turned on in-range and/or out of range notifications.