With Samsung phones, we found out that once the app goes into the background for a longer period (e.g. 3 days), your process of Chipolo will be killed or not working correctly. Unfortunately, this results in non-trackable Chipolos.
We recommend the app not to be 'optimized' by the battery optimizer. The App requests this and helps you set this up. Next, to that, we can solve the sleep issue with this guide.
To solve this issue, please follow this guide to make an exception for the Chipolo app. Don't worry about battery usage, we have optimized our app for battery usage. We have written the guide for Android 7 and the model used is a Samsung Galaxy S7:
1. Go to Settings (phone settings):
2. Go to 'Device maintenance':
3. Go to 'Battery':
4. Go to 'Unmonitored Apps':
5. Go to the Add apps, and make sure 'Chipolo' is selected:
6. Now you will see the Chipolo App in the list of unmonitored Apps: