How to start using Google Assistant to use Voice Control with Chipolo
To be able to use the Google Assistant or Google Home device to use Voice Control with your Chipolos, you need their companion app(s) installed and enabled on your device.
Google Home is installed by default on most Android devices, it has to be set up before use. How to do this is explained in the Google Help Center:
Google Assistant is installed by default on most Android devices, it has to be activated and set up before use. How to do this is explained step by step in the Google Assistant Help Center:
Chipolo Voice Control supports the English language only and Google Assistant is limited to certain regions. Make sure your device and assistant are set to an English language and region. Example: English (United Kingdom)
How to change the language and region on your Android Device:
- Open your phone settings
- Open 'System'
- Tap on 'Languages and input'
- Tap on 'Languages'
- Tap on 'Add a language'
- Choose 'English'
- Now you have to set your region, we suggest to use 'United Kingdom' or 'United States' depending on your grammar preference.
- Finally, move this new language setting to the top of the list of the language list. You do this by holding the newly added language and moving it to the top. It is now the main language of your Android Device.
How to link your Chipolo account to Google Assistant.
To use Voice Control for your Chipolos, you need to link your Chipolo account to your account that you use for Google Assistant.
- Open the Google Home app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the +-sign (plus sign) in the top-left.
- Choose 'Set up device'
- Under 'Works with Google', choose 'Have something already set up?'.
- Find 'Chipolo' in the list of services and tap on it to open. The Chipolo web app will open where you can link your account.
- Please sign in with your Chipolo account.
- After logging in, you will be presented a screen that explains that your accounts will be linked, tap ‘Confirm’
- You can now use Voice Control with your Chipolos through Google Assistant on your phone or through a Google Home device set up with your account.
To read more about how you can use Voice Control and which commands to use, please visit our General Voice Control page.