On Android phones running Android 8 or later, the Chipolo app will display a persistent notification in the top bar of your home screen.
The notification informs you about the Chipolo app status and lets you know the service is running in the background. On some devices, it may also help the app so that it's not closed by your phone's battery or memory managers.
We advise keeping all the notifications enabled to better ensure the continued functionality of the app on your device.
To disable persistent notification, follow these steps:
- Swipe down from the top of your phone screen to see your notifications.
- Press and hold the Chipolo persistent notification. New options will appear.
- Choose ‘More Settings’ or 'Details' or tap the settings cog to see the different notification options.*
- The Chipolo app allows you to mute different notifications independently. On the next screen, you will see all the notification options for the Chipolo app.
- Locate the ‘Running in background’ tab and disable its toggle.
- Make sure to leave other notification channels enabled to keep receiving essential notifications.
*On some devices, different categories or buttons may have a different name, but globally the functionality is the same.
Please contact our support team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional help with the persistent notification.