This article is related to the Chipolo CARD Spot and the Apple Find My app.
The Chipolo CARD Spot can be disabled to stop it from sharing its location. It will no longer report to the Apple Find My network and the owner can no longer get updates on its location.
If you receive a message on your Apple device that a Chipolo CARD Spot has been detected near you and you are not familiar with this device, you can make this Chipolo CARD Spot ring through the Apple Find My app. After locating the item, use the steps described below to disable it. The owner will no longer receive updates on the location of this CARD Spot and it will no longer trigger Safety Alerts.
How to disable the Chipolo CARD Spot
- Locate the button on the bottom left corner of the Chipolo CARD Spot
- Press and hold the button for about 30 seconds and it will begin beeping in 1-second intervals.
- Release the button after you hear the 10th beep.
- When the CARD Spot is disabled, you will hear a confirmation sound.
How to re-enable the Chipolo CARD Spot
- Press the button on your Chipolo CARD Spot to re-enable it.
- When the Chipolo CARD Spot is re-enabled, you will hear a confirmation sound.