On Android phones running Android 13 or later, the Chipolo app will display a notification in the top bar of your home screen every time the Chipolo app restarts (e.g. after a phone reboot).
The notification informs you about the Chipolo app status and lets you know the service is running in the background. You can easily swipe the notification away just like any regular notification.
To prevent the notification from reappearing, follow these steps:
- Swipe down from the top of your phone screen to see your notifications.
- Press and hold the Chipolo persistent notification. New options will appear.
- Choose ‘More Settings’ or 'Details' or tap the settings cog to see the different notification options.*
- The Chipolo app allows you to mute different notifications independently. On the next screen, you will see all the notification options for the Chipolo app.
- Locate the ‘Running in background’ tab and disable its toggle.
- Make sure to leave other notification channels enabled to keep receiving essential notifications.
* On some devices, different categories or buttons may have a different name, but the functionality is the same.